- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 8 ounces turkey sausage or lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces)no salt added diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry red or white wine or reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Chicken & Roasted Garlic Tortelloni (20 oz.)
- 3 cups firmly packed baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces)shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook for 2 minutes. Add sausage, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to break sausage into pieces. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
TRANSFER mixture to slow cooker along with sauce, tomatoes, water and wine; stir. Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
STIR in pasta and spinach; top with cheese. Cover; cook on low for 15 minutes or until tender.
Cook’s Tip: Can use 1 package (20 ounces) or 2 packages (9 ounces each) of any filled pasta.