Scallops with Zucchini and Sun-Dried Tomato Linguine
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine (9 oz.)
- 1/3 pound fresh scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- Additional lemon wedges, fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese for garnish
PREPARE linguine according to package directions; set aside.
PAT dry the scallops, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
CUT the zucchini in half widthwise. Using a potato peeler, peel zucchini into thin strips, then cut the strips in half lengthwise; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the shallot and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add in the zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes, cook 1 minute. Lower heat to low, add in the linguine, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomato oil and 1 tablespoon butter, mix to combine, keep warm over low heat.
MEANWHILE, heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil. When heated, add in the scallops and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 – 3 minutes. Turn scallops over and cook the second side in the same manner.
ADD remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the linguine, toss to coat.
PLACE linguine onto serving platter, making a small well in the center of the pasta. Place the scallops into the center of the pasta. Garnish with additional fresh basil, lemon wedges and parmesan cheese and enjoy!