- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Sweet Italian Sausage Tortelloni (20 oz.)
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf Italian parsley leaves
PREHEAT broiler to high. Line baking sheet with foil.
ARRANGE peppers on prepared baking sheet. Broil, turning occasionally, for 18 to 20 minutes or until skins brown and blister. Place peppers in a resealable plastic bag; set aside to cool to room temperature. Peel and seed the peppers; cut into strips.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook for 5 minutes or until they start to brown. Add peppers, salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Add broth and wine; continue to cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced slightly. While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
ADD pasta, cheese and parsley to saucepan; stir to combine. Serve immediately.