- 1/2 large eggplant
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces)sliced button mushrooms (2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 2 cups water
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Chicken & Prosciutto Tortelloni (9 oz.)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- Fresh basil leaves or chopped fresh parsley
LACE eggplant in colander with bowl under it. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Allow to sit for 20 minutes; rinse and then pat dry.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add eggplant; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
ADD sauce and water to saucepan; stir, scraping brown bits from skillet. Stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked through. Top with cheese and basil.