- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine (9 oz.)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick)butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- Chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley or basil
PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
SLOWLY whisk in milk and ½ cup reserved water. Cook, whisking frequently, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese until melted. Add pasta and parsley to saucepan; toss to coat. Loosen with remaining reserved water if needed.