Arugula Pesto with Chicken & Prosciutto Tortelloni over Sliced Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 cup packed baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, walnuts or almonds
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Chicken & Prosciutto Tortelloni (9 oz.)
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Good quality extra-virgin olive oil for serving (optional)
PLACE arugula, pine nuts, garlic and salt in food processor; process until finely chopped. Add oil; process until combined. Add cheese; pulse to combine.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water.
TOSS pesto with pasta; thin with reserved cooking water, if desired.
PLACE a few slices of tomatoes on each plate; top each with about 1 cup of pesto tortelloni. Season with pepper. Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle with additional pine nuts, if desired.