- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 3 large shallots
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 small piece of Parmesan rind (optional)
- 1 small bunch Swiss chard
- 1 can (15 ounces)cannellini beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Chicken & Prosciutto Tortelloni (9 oz.)
- Ground black pepper to taste
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pancetta, shallots, carrot and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until pancetta has rendered its fat and is starting to crisp. Add chicken stock, water, Parmesan rind, Swiss chard, beans, parsley and thyme.
BRING to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat to low; cook for 7 minutes. Season with pepper. Remove Parmesan rind before serving.
Cook’s Tip: Tuscan kale can be used in place of Swiss chard.