- 0 Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (1 1/4 pounds each)acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced and halved leeks
- 1/2 cup sliced and halved carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheet.
CUT squash in half stem to tip and remove seeds. Cut a small slice from outer side of each squash to help them stand up straight when serving. Place cut-side-down on prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
WHILE squash is baking, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until leeks are soft. Stir in water and quinoa. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook for 12 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat; stir in pesto and salt.
TURN squash halves cut-side-up; spoon quinoa mixture into cavities. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.