- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine (9 oz.)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces)diced pancetta
- 3 to 4 tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 to 10small figs
- Grated lemon peel from 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 cupsloosely packed baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
PREPARE pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
COOK pancetta in large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned but not crisp. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
ADD oil to same skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 seconds or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in figs and lemon peel. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until figs are slightly softened.
ADD pasta to skillet along with reserved water, arugula and basil; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese; toss gently.
Cook’s Tip: If using dried figs, place figs in bowl. Cover with lukewarm water and soak for 30 minutes. Drain.