- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine (9 oz.)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces)grated provolone cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 0 Freshly ground black pepper to taste
HEAT water in medium saucepan to boiling. Add broccoli, carrots and bell pepper. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 to 7 minutes. Drain; set aside.
MELT butter in same saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour. Gradually add evaporated milk and chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, cayenne and black pepper until cheese is melted. Toss with pasta. Add vegetables; stir to coat. Serve immediately.
NOTE: May substitute 1 pound frozen vegetables, cooked according to package directions, for fresh vegetables.