- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- A few tablespoons of fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano and basil
- 4 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Three Cheese Asparagus Ravioli (18 oz.)
- Juice and grated peel from 1 lemon
PREHEAT oven to 425° F.
CUT stalks off of fennel, reserving some of the fronds. Trim off bottom, leaving the core. Holding fennel bulb upright, slice into ¼-inch slices vertically from top to bottom. Place on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir to coat evenly and arrange in single layer.
ROAST for 20 minutes, stirring once, until fork tender. Remove from oven; sprinkle with garlic, about a teaspoon of thyme leaves and 1 tablespoon cheese. Return to oven; roast for an additional 10 minutes or until fennel is golden and crisp. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting oil.
WHISK together remaining 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice and grated lemon peel in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place pasta in large bowl; add oil mixture and herbs and toss gently to coat. Add roasted fennel; sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese. Season with pepper. Chop reserved fennel fronds and sprinkle over pasta.